Trade Fair Hall 10Back to Projects list
- Messepiazza 1, 70629 Stuttgart
- 1M - 100M
- 1-5 Stories
- Projektgesellschaft Neue Messe GmbH & Co. KG
- Kai Bierich, Harald Baumann (PL), Steffen Ganzenmüller, Richard Pulz, Katharina Wiesinger
- Construction management
- Jo Carle Architekten, Stuttgart
- Project management
- Drees & Sommer GmbH, Stuttgart
- Structure planning
- Boll & Partner - Structural Engineers VBI GmbH & Co. KG, Stuttgart
- Landscape design
- Adler & Olesch Landschaftsarchitekten GmbH, Nürnberg
The special challenge of the design was to create an exhibition hall that takes up the curved character and scale of the existing halls, but in its dimensions has neither that of a standard hall (10,500 sqm) nor that of the high hall (20,900 sqm). From this starting position we developed the concept of the three-nave exhibition hall with a strikingly curved roof over the nave, which was made of wood. The size of the central nave takes over the scale of the standard halls.
The previous west entrance was only designed as a temporary solution for the construction of the New Trade Fair Centre. The design idea from the competition in 2000 to realise the same number of halls on the north and south sides has now been implemented with the expansion. The previously asymmetrical ensemble was completed by the construction of the new Hall 10 (Paul Horn Hall). The new building, whose central nave is spanned by 68-meter-long laminated wood beams, offers an exhibition area of approx. 14,500 square meters. With its shape it further develops the curved silhouette of the existing exhibition halls. The extension was built with an upgrading of the west entrance. In front of it, a newly designed plaza was built, which is to be connected to the U6 light rail line.